The British Columbia Automobile Association (BCAA) is one of the most recognized and trusted brands in British Columbia, offering more than 100 years of service excellence delivering industry-leading products in Home, Auto and Travel Insurance. BCAA was named 2016 Marketer of the Year by the BC Chapter of the American Marketing Association (BCAMA) for its new marketing platform and launch of two new businesses, Evo Car Share and BCAA Auto Service Centers. In Fall 2017, BCAA engaged Propel Solutions to review their current Marketing Processes and resolve its underlying service delivery issues to ensure that their Marketing Processes are efficient, effective, and scalable for future growth, creating a nimble department that can respond to their customers changing needs.
- Process Review: Propel completed a comprehensive review of the existing processes within the Marketing Department. Working with stakeholders, current processes for Creative Review, Briefing and Accounting were documented. Functional and cross-functional process map critique sessions were held within the Marketing Team to build engagement and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Opportunity Identification: Through process observations, process map critique sessions, and stakeholder engagements, Propel identified opportunities in campaign planning, meeting effectiveness, systems, and approval process. Process improvements were identified to increase quality and effectiveness of created assets, improve planning, and communicate a consistent brand across all channels.
- Workload Analysis: From interviews with stakeholders, group workshops, and a review of business process improvement best practices, Propel conducted a Gap Analysis to outline process and workload gaps, and to suggest feasible alternatives to mitigate the gaps. Process improvements were identified that would span across multiple areas, which would decrease lead time from concept ideation to deployment and increase the organizations ability to be responsive to its customers.
- Develop Method Changes: Over 30 method changes were developed that would increase communication throughout the organization, streamline processes, and improve the overall work flow within the Marketing Department.
- Design and Implementation of Recommendations: Propel designed the project to increase employee engagement through better understanding of the end-to-end processes and prepared the organization for the proposed changes. Actions to address the gaps were prioritized by stakeholders and classified into short-term, medium-term and long-term implementation timelines for BCAA to incorporate with their current/future strategic objectives.
- Development of a Management Toolkit: Propel’s Business Process Improvement team worked with executives to develop a comprehensive management toolkit with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure success on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
All work was completed on time and on budget. As a result of the engagement, BCAA achieved process and service improvements through clearly defined roles and responsibilities, elimination of duplicate work, and standardization of procedures. Overall, this project aligned the four areas of the Marketing Department to support the strategic objectives of the business to expand on innovative ideas and heighten their success within their various market segments.