Data driven operational excellence.
Propel Solutions is Western Canada’s Leading Operational Improvement Firm. We offer big firm expertise with the care and attention only a boutique firm can offer, delivering measurable results. We work in every sector and cross-pollinate the most effective methods to make our client’s work better, faster, and easier. You are inspired by driving results to realize the power of human potential.
At Propel, we blend an East Coast work ethic with a West Coast lifestyle. We are a different type of consulting firm – we roll up our sleeves to implement the changes we uncover alongside our clients. We view our engagements as partnerships, delivering measurable results that impact clients long-term.
Why Join Us
Propel is committed to advancing your career through weekly training and professional certifications. Driven individuals will be noticed with growth opportunities provided and a competitive total rewards program. Unlike the big 4, work-life balance is an integral part of our culture. Join our team of bright, inspired minds as we challenge the status quo of leading organizations on the West Coast.
Who You Are
You are a tenacious problem solver, known for consistently challenging the status quo and backing up your decisions with data. You hold yourself accountable to the results you deliver, always setting a high bar for yourself. You thrive in the face of big challenges and do whatever it takes to get the job done. You are a self-starter with a knack for simplifying complicated concepts. You have a hunger to propel your career forward yet understand that you are only as strong as your team.
About the Role
As a Business Analyst, you will work in fast-paced environments, supporting internal development of Propel Solutions and delivering measurable value to clients. You will be required to:
- Write Proposals and Respond to Requests for Proposal to enhance Propel’s sales funnel
- Support our client-facing consultants with data & financial analysis
- Produce client-facing deliverables in PowerPoint and Word
- Promote Propel’s brand through online marketing and social media
- Support business operations on other assorted tasks
This role is for a 1-year fixed contract. At the end of the contract, high-performing candidates may be offered a full-time permanent role as a Junior Management Consultant with Propel Solutions.
What You Need
- Recent University Graduate with a degree in Business, Accounting, Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills for data & financial analysis
- Strong knowledge in the full Office Suite, including efficient use of Word and PowerPoint
- Results focused & highly organized
- Ability to creatively solve problems with confidence and optimism
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative through prior experience or extracurricular involvement
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Previous work experience in a professional environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively both verbally and in writing in English
Bonus Points if you have:
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Knowledge of Workflow Automation tools such as Microsoft Flow or IFTTT
- Knowledge of SQL or Python for data analysis
If you’re ready to jump-start your career, apply with your resume and cover letter to [email protected]